FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
MobileSphere to Accelerate Growth and Adoption of Text Messaging in North America with Enhanced Version of Joopz Web Texting Service
www.joopz.com Adds SMS Broadcasting and other New Features to Two-Way Text Messaging Service.
Boston, Mass. – Dec. 19, 2006 – MobileSphere, a leading-edge provider of global communications solutions, today announced it has launched a new, enhanced version of Joopz™, its “web texting” service that enables two-way text messaging from the Web to any mobile phone in the United States and Canada. Joopz allows users to send text messages from the Web to both individuals and groups, while enabling recipients to respond directly to the sender’s PC or Mac.
Responding to the increasing demands of users that send text messages, MobileSphere added new features to www.joopz.com, including SMS broadcast capabilities.
“Since its introduction at DEMOfall ’06 less than three months ago, Joopz has been very well-received by SMS and wireless users here in the U.S. and around the world who are seeking new, convenient and cost-effective ways to send text messages,” commented Gavin Macomber, MobileSphere’s executive vice president of marketing. “We believe the new features and upgrade capabilities will further assist consumers, whether they are new to text messaging or avid users, and thus accelerate the growth of text messaging, particularly here in the U.S. and Canada.”
Having the ability to send text messages from one’s desktop will expand the reach and adoption of text messaging, especially in North America, where some age groups are not yet familiar or find text messaging from traditional cell phones to be time-consuming and cumbersome. Already, a Joopz “web text” is sent from www.joopz.com approximately every two minutes.
Joopz™ new and existing features include:
• Two-Way “Web Texting” – send and receive text messages from the Web to any mobile phone.
• Group Broadcast – users can send a text message that goes to an entire group, and each recipients’ response goes to the original sender only.
• Group Chat – users can send a text message to a group, and each recipient’s response goes to all group members.
• Scheduled Texting – users can send delayed text messages for recipients to receive at a specific time – a day from now, a week from now, a year from now – great for birthdays, anniversaries and other key events. This feature is time-zone specific.
• SMS Forwarding – users can have Joopz messages forwarded to their cell phone so they can continue their conversation when they leave their desktop computer.
• Text Reminders – users can track what they need to do with texts that are sent to them as reminders. This feature is time-zone specific.
• Contact Management - users can add and manage both individual and group contacts.
• History – all text messages sent and received are recorded for future reference.
“Joopz uniquely bridges the gap between instant messaging (IM) and short message service (SMS), providing near real-time collaboration between a PC and a mobile phone,” commented David Coleman, managing director at Collaborative Strategies. “Unlike popular mobile IM solutions like AIM, Yahoo and MSN, Joopz enables users to send and receive text messages from any web-enabled device to any mobile phone, without having the need to download special software or other applications.”
MobileSphere notes that customers from all over the world are using Joopz to communicate with U.S. and Canadian cell phone users, ranging from parents who want to stay in touch with their teenagers, to college students planning group events, to a soldier in Afghanistan keeping in touch with loved ones back home. Joopz not only bridges technologies together, but it is bridging the generation gap between those who text message regularly and those who have been hesitant to try it, either due to accessibility, cost or ease-of-use.
Pricing and Availability
Available now, Joopz offers two service plans:
1) A free offering that includes ten (10) sent text messages per month, including text reminders and scheduled message delivery, message forwarding, group chatting, SMS broadcasting and basic contact management, and unlimited received messages.
2) A subscription-based premium service that includes the basic service offerings plus unlimited text messaging per month and access to advanced features such as history and contact management. The premium service offers a choice of payment plans - A month-to-month subscription fee at $2.95 per month, or an annual subscription fee for $19.95 per year.
Joopz is available directly to consumers online and indirectly through strategic partners such as wireless carriers, MVNOs, colleges, universities, Internet media and social networking companies. For partnership opportunities, contact MobileSphere at email@example.com. For more information about Joopz or to sign up for the free, basic service or the new subscription-based service, visit http://www.joopz.com/how-it-works.
About MobileSphere Headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, MobileSphere has been a leading provider of global wireless communications solutions since 2001. Utilizing its patent-pending soft-switch technology, coupled with its global Tier 1 network, MobileSphere provides its customers with innovative, highly-competitive, market-proven solutions. Leveraging the migration from fixed to mobile communications and serving customers worldwide, the company focuses on the communications needs of mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs), colleges and universities, medium-to-large enterprises and consumers. MobileSphere’s services include CarrierILD™ for MVNOs, CellularLD™ for consumers and small businesses and MobileU™ for universities and educational institutions. For additional information, visit www.mobile-sphere.com
All trademarks are recognized.